Friday, October 17, 2008

My struggle

Well, weight has always seemed to be an issue for me. I always considered myself fat when I was a kid. Looking back now, I wasnt fat, but the girls in the class always told me I was, so guess what I believed. Since having kids, and being married for so long, my weight has slowly crept up. When I got pregnant with my girls, I was 174 lbs each time. With both girls I hit 204lbs the day I had them. In September, I hit 202 lbs. WOW!! Talk about a shocker!! So I started Weight Watchers. After 5 weeks on program and 6 weigh ins, I am down 10.2 lbs. I am not finding it to be a struggle with this plan, portion control, and not denying myself all my favorites (bread!) seems to be working. A few years ago, I did the Curves plan, and really enjoyed it. I lost 25 lbs and kept it off a long time, but it slowly crept back. I tried to start it again, a few times, but had trouble getting motivated. Weight Watchers seems to be easier. I will keep you posted as things change.
Hug the ones you love!

No comments: